Building Linux for Wandboard-Quad Rev C1 (beginner)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Linux for Wandboard-Quad Rev C1 (beginner)

Jump to solution
concerned12345
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a Wandboard rev C1 with an i.MX6 quad-core chip. I am new to Linux so I have a few questions regarding getting this board up and running. I've tried out the prebuilt images from Wandboard but the Ubuntu version was soft float, for now I'm not interested in Yocto project.

I got the U-Boot package from the Freescale github and the BSP (with Linux source) from Freescale as well, both 3.10.17_1.0.2_ga (downloaded the tar files with Mozilla). I'm using the Linaro hf build tools (v4.9). So far everything is good with one exception, when looking under /arch/arm/boot/dts there isn't a imx6q-wandboard.dts file. When looking at the Torvald's github there are several files with updates for the Wandboard including revs B and C. I already have a Debian Jesse RootFS (3.10.17) which I've downloaded elsewhere and has the proper Vivante drivers.

My questions are (I'm a beginner):

1) How do I get just the device tree files and update only my dts directory?

1.1) Do I need to update more than just my dts directory?

2) Should I be getting my U-Boot and BSP (source) from somewhere other than Freescale since Wandboard isn't supported?

3) Am I missing any U-Boot files for Wandboard Rev C1 (haven't built U-Boot yet but since Wandboard Rev C1 was missing from the BSP I figure something is also missing from U-Boot)?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You can download Yocto project from following link.

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b daisy

Here you can find Wandboard related build.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You can download Yocto project from following link.

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b daisy

Here you can find Wandboard related build.

0 Kudos
concerned12345
Contributor III

Hello,

This may be jumping the gun the bit, but can I get the .dtb and uboot binaries from here and use my own kernel build and rootfs? I only ask because I am currently in the process of building the Yocto project (couldn't find any source code or dts or dtsi files) by running the bitbake command. I assume this will output the required files, or will it output one large image file containing everything? I ask because it doesn't seem like the build is going to finish any time soon.

Again, I thank you for your patience with these basic questions.

0 Kudos