cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build SDK v1.1.0

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to build the SDK v1.1.0. For that I was going through the README.txt file within the SDK. In that, there is a instruction to download the toolchain from "https://sourcery.mentor.com/GNUToolchain/release2322". But I think this page is not exist.

Thus, I have tried to build the SDK using the toolchain that I download using 'bitbake meta-toolchain'. But it is giving me following error:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

freescale/sdk/iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/drivers/accelerometer/src/mma8451.c

In file included from /opt/poky/1.7/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/features.h:389:0,

from /opt/poky/1.7/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/string.h:25,

from /home/dhaval/Aria/freescale/sdk/iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/drivers/accelerometer/src/mma8451.c:31:

/opt/poky/1.7/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:29: fatal error: gnu/stubs-soft.h: No such file or directory

# include <gnu/stubs-soft.h>

^

compilation terminated.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Can someone please help me to resolve this?

Thanks,

Dhaval

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try the following link to get the free Sourcery CodeBench Lite tool:

http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/sourcery-tools/sourcery-codebench/editions/lite-edition/

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Artur,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I think, the mentor toolchain is evaluation copy for 30 days. Can you please suggest any other open-source toolchain?

Isn't the freescale providing a toolchain for SoC?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi,

Can someone please help me here?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The lite version for Linux is free. Please use it.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Have you checked this recently? Because what I am seeing on the given URL is the 30-day free trial for lite edition.

Please let me know the correct URL, if I am following wrong URL.

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

I download the .bin file and install it on my Ubuntu system. But I didn't find any binaries (arm-linux-gnueabi-* or arm*), that I can use to build the SDK.

Is this a correct toolchain?

Can we build SDK using 'bitbake' command?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

nagladhana
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

Your latest link for arm-2013.05-24-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2 too gives same error...  :

sdk/utility/src/runtime_support.c:38:19: fatal error: reent.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Moreover since the toolchain mentioned by the Platform SDK release notes is no more available, does that mean we nomore can compile the platform SDK ? Please test a suitable toolchain which works with the platform SDK.

Moreover since Mentor does not provide its  basic toolchains for free(codesourcery lite version no more free but 30 day trial), I'd suggest to refrain from using their tools.

Regards

Nagla

0 Kudos

nestle
Contributor III

Hi Dhaval,

I have the exact same question as you do - but still no answer as yet.

If you do get an answer to your question, please let me know.

I posted my question here :

i.MX6 SDK (Software Development Kit) ver 1.1 installation &amp; usage

It seems that Mentor Graphics has taken over Sourcery Codebench (Lite) which we need to compile the i.MX6 SDK ver 1.1.  What they offer at their website is the Sourcery Codebench non-Lite 30 day trial version from what I understand.

Mentor Graphics mentions Sourcery Codebench Lite on their webpage but do not provide a download link to the Lite version - which is utterly stupid.

I'm not sure what/how to compile the SDK now.  Do I get the 30 day trial version and compile it?  Or do I look around on the internet for some older downloadable version of Sourcery Codebench from some place else??  Please let me know what you plan to do.

I don't understand why getting the i.MX6 up and running is so needlessly complicated.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

": reent.h: No such file or directory"  - this is not toolchain issue.

Really there is no such file in SDK.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

There is no such file exist in the toolchain, but it is 'included' by iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/utility/src/runtime_support.c file. And because of that I am getting error.

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

nagladhana
Contributor II

Hi Dhaval,

There seems to be two versions of platform SDK. I resolved my issue by downloading the .tgz file. earlier i had downloaded a tar file.

With the .tgz version i do not seem to have any issues with any of the toolchain. I tried one supplied by Yuri and another from ubuntu package manager.

It built SDK cleanly. I was able to use SDP binaried on my board.

Most tests passed but uSDHC test and audio test was failing on SDP.

@Yuri: Are these tests meant for SDP ? Let me know as I'll put a seperate thread after doing proper testing.

Thanks

Nagla

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Nagla,

Thanks for updating.. And good to know that your issue is resolved..

Can you please share that link, so that I can try at my end too?

Appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

nagladhana
Contributor II

Hi Dhaval,

I do not remember, but most probably this is the one I have tried:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Go to "Software Development Kits" and download the .tgz file "iMX6 series platform SDK REv 1.1"

You can use the tool binaries supplied by Yuri, change the \iMX6_Platform_SDK\mk\common.mk as below:

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-none-eabi-

to

CROSS_COMPILE = <path to full path where you have extracted the toolchain>/arm-none-eabi-

hope it helps

regards

nagla

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Nagla,

Thanks for your quick response!

I have tried with .tgz package of SDK v1.1.0 and with the toolchain supplied by Yuri. But still I am getting same error of 'reent.h'. I changed the common.mk accordingly and also update the PATH variable. And then ran 'make' command from the root(sdk install dir) directory. I am trying to compile it for IMX6 SLEVK.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help me here.

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Nagla,

Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Then how to resolve this issue? It would be great if you can help to build the SDK v1.1.0.

Why the SDK compilation is so complex?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried to build separate tests (succesfully): CAAM, PCIe, GPU, IPU.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos