cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Qt from LTIB

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As more and more people are looking into Qt on i.MX processors, I thought to make the whole process easier and make patches to allow building of latest version directly from LTIB. There's some possibilities for this already in Freescale BSPs, but for older Qt and with some issues.

Attached are the patches that, once applied to the BSP, will allow building latest Qt 4.7.2 directly from LTIB. Qt won't be downloaded automatically, so remember to do that and store it to /opt/freescale/pkgs .

Copy patches to where you've installed BSP, and apply them in order, by executing:

cat patch_name | patch -p2

Let me know if there's any issues....

(Last patch is in the next message, only 3 attachments allowed per post...)

Original Attachment has been moved to: 788-003_qt_x11.patch

Original Attachment has been moved to: 787-002_packages.patch

Original Attachment has been moved to: 786-001_ltib.patch

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have, and noticed some of the same issues. Haven't had the time to look into it, but it looks to be an issue with how Qt uses gstreamer. Needs more investigation though..

vladan

Travis Allen said:

Hi Vladan,

I have compiled Qt Embedded 4.7.2 but am having serious problems getting video playback to successfully work.  Even using the qmediaplayer demo that comes with Qt shows about 1 frame every few seconds.  If you use gst-launch to play directly the file plays perfectly fine.

I am using qmediaplayer -qws to run it.

Have you tried playing media inside Qt?

Travis

0 Kudos

tallen
Contributor I

Hi Vladan,

I have compiled Qt Embedded 4.7.2 but am having serious problems getting video playback to successfully work.  Even using the qmediaplayer demo that comes with Qt shows about 1 frame every few seconds.  If you use gst-launch to play directly the file plays perfectly fine.

I am using qmediaplayer -qws to run it.

Have you tried playing media inside Qt?

Travis

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Last patch
0 Kudos