BootROM not jumping to the start of the image when booting from SD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BootROM not jumping to the start of the image when booting from SD card

faizankhan
Contributor II

I am booting an imx6 custom board, from sd card, the image is loaded successfully on the on chip ram and then onto the ddr ram,but when I suspend the pc is still in the boot rom location, this means that its not jumping to the start of the image. I have attached the bin file please have a look and let me know if I am missing anything....

Original Attachment has been moved to: test9_sd_ocram_bkpt.bin.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi faizan

I think bin file is good. Had you updated dcd header with new ddr settings

obtained from ddr tester:

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.20

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

faizankhan
Contributor II

hi igor,

thanks for the reply, yes I did use my ddr settings, which I have confirmed successfully initializes all the dram. So I debugged this issue and when I set the value of PC to the start of the image and step it, it jumps to the location 0x00000000 where the reset exception vector is placed,then it skips this and executes the instruction at 0x00000004, when I let it go and halt the program the pc is somewhere in the bootrom, (it is only after this process that), if I then set pc to the start of the image it works....is there any documentation that I can get on the bootrom, I know i cant get the code but anything would be helpful, I am running out of things to do...

cheers,

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi faizan

I think it is not possible to boot

running code with jtag step by step, please disconnect

jtag and try to boot from sd without jtag.

~igor

0 Kudos

faizankhan
Contributor II

I was using sd to detect the location of the pc when halted, I ll check without jtag.

0 Kudos

faizankhan
Contributor II

I tested it without jtag nothing happens, i then used jtag to see where it got stuck and pc is somewhere in the bootrom location. Now I found a uboot file in the manufacturing tool folder for which the pc goes to the start of the image. My guess is there is something wrong with the image that I built, are there any specific requirements for the image that needs to be considered????

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please check that you are bulding correct image:

read processor marking, then find (or better build) image

for this particular processor, pay attention what ddr is used : ddr3

or lpddr2.

0 Kudos