cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluez Package

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am working with imx7d sabre reference board. I observed a bluetooth unstability (reference board not getting connected with laptops) issue while working with 4.14.98 kernel version. This version uses bluez 5.49. 

While bluetooth is stable in 4.1.15 kernel version i.e I am able to connect with laptops/PCs. This uses 5.33 bluez5 package. 

How can I rectify this? 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi James, 

I have tested with the demo images provided in the link, bluetooth is getting connected to the laptops. 
However connection to the phone are getting established only when we follow the below steps in bluetoothctl. 
root: $bluetoothctl 

[bluetooth]# $power on

[bluetooth]# $agent on
[bluetooth]# $default-agent
[bluetooth]# $discoverable on

Pairing and connection initiated from mobile device. 
pairing successful, connection not successful.
[bluetooth]# $power off
[bluetooth]# $power on
[bluetooth]# $agent on
[bluetooth]# $default-agent
[bluetooth]# $discoverable on
connection from mobile to board established successfully. 

First time connection from phone to ref.board requires a power off and power on in bluetoothctl. This is not observed while connection from/to laptops in reference board. 

Apparently with 4.14.98 image that we had compiled for the board, Only doing the "power off" and "power on" in bluetoothctl makes stable connection to laptops and phones. Do you know why this is happening? are we missing something? 

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We verified both linux version "L4.1.15_2.0.0ga_images_MX7DSABRESD.tar.gz" and "L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_images_MX7DSABRESD.zip" on i.MX7D SABRESD Board. For both the images, we are able to connect with laptop.

Can you please download the above mentioned demo images from this link and verify again.  I believe there should not be an issue.

0 Kudos

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi James,

Thank you for your time to verify both the versions. We are on the process of verifying the image specified in the link that you have shared.
Meanwhile could you please send me the steps that you have followed to connect to the laptop?
1. Are you using bluetoothctl & obexctl?
2. What are the steps that you have followed in bluetoothctl? 
3. Is the connection to the laptop getting disconnected quickly after it gets connected?
4. Are you able to send and receive files via obexctl (if used) to the reference board?

0 Kudos

blessy_abraham
Contributor III

Hi team, 
Any update? Can you share the yocto project source for 4.1.15-1.2.0

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos