Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbake pulls files from old git in Yocto custom layer

Jump to solution
bardiabandali
Contributor II

Hi,

I've created, compiled and tested an U-boot for a custom board iMX6ULL successfully by replicating NXP EVK board files of FSL-Yocto-Morty. All u-boot files under git folder are committed to my example git. 

However, when I try to bitbake u-boot from the my yocto custom layer 'example' it pulls all files from fsl git and does not access my git which is mentioned by SRC_URL in the u-boot bb file!

Please kindly check attached files and inform me what I've missed ?

Thanks in advance

Bardia

Original Attachment has been moved to: wrong-git-access.zip

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bardiabandali
Contributor II

I found the problem's source. It was a silly mistake!

FYI, I was using Freescale environment setup script for v4.9. After updating and modifying by using setup-environment everything is Ok now.  

B. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bardiabandali
Contributor II

I found the problem's source. It was a silly mistake!

FYI, I was using Freescale environment setup script for v4.9. After updating and modifying by using setup-environment everything is Ok now.  

B. 

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bardia,

I would recommend checking the priority of your layer. You can see the priority of all layers that Bitbake can see by using the command:

$ bitbake-layers show-layers

Your layer is priority 6, which may be the same or lower than some other layers. I would test increasing the layer priority.

I would also review the included u-boot recipes and the fsl-u-boot-localversion settings. It is possible that some other configuration is taking precedence. Once you rule out the layer priority the next step would be looking at these inheritances and override them if necessary so your u-boot gets build.

Just as a side note, Yocto is meant to work as a means of distribution of customizable Linux images. It is not meant as a development tool, which means that it does not follow very closely whether files have been changed. I would recommend doing a clean before building to make sure it’s looking for the source code again, otherwise it won’t fetch any code that was already fetched and it won’t build anything already built.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos
bardiabandali
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

Thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately, increasing the layer priority to 9 (highest was 8) and doing clean did not solve the problem!

How about:

1- The following warning happens at the beginning of the bitbake. Could it be helpful? How?

"WARNING: /home/bardia/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release
                 /imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb.do_compile
                 is tainted from a forced run"

2- Do I need to create a local manifest in '.repo' folder?

Regards,

0 Kudos