cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT_MODE question

Jump to solution
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

I'm pretty new with Freescale and just trying to get a grasp of it.

I plan to start by using a dev. board (like SABRE lite).

We want to boot from the SATA interface and for the SABRE lite board I read that one should both change the boot switch (BOOT_MODE) and the U-boot (change to boot form the SATA).

What mode should the boot mode be in (Fuse or Internal)?

Thanks,

Niklas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

BOOT_MODE set to Internal BOOT, and refer RM chapter "System boot" to set Boot_CFG pins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

BOOT_MODE set to Internal BOOT, and refer RM chapter "System boot" to set Boot_CFG pins.

0 Kudos
jian
Contributor II

Hello all,

I want to boot the device from the Fuese setting.But I don.t know how to setting the Fuese.I configure BOOT_MODE[1:0]=0b00,but it always on dowload mode.What can I do?Please help me!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to blow the BOOT_CFGx fuse registers properly for your boot media and finally blow the BT_FUSE_SEL fuse to enable the boot from fuses. Otherwise the ROM always jumps to serial downloader.

0 Kudos
jian
Contributor II

Yes,I wrote the fuse value and boot from it,But now I can only boot from it.And I wrote it by u-boot,but I want to write value to fuses by MfgTool.Can you help me?Thanks!

0 Kudos
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can blow the fuses by Mfgtool. Please download our latest Mfgtool and read the last section of the document "Manufacturing Tool V2 UCL User Guide.docx" for the detail.

0 Kudos