Any consultants available for assiting newb with using Embedded Linux with the iMX28?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any consultants available for assiting newb with using Embedded Linux with the iMX28?

Jump to solution
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day,

I was curious if there are anyone can recommend a consultant to assist me (a newb) with my entry into Embedded Linux and the IMX28?  I have been at trying for several weeks and understand bits and pieces, but lack the ability to tie it all together to even formulate a suitable development environment.  I would be looking to hire someone to assist me with the process (and tool setup, etc) and perhaps even write portions of the project, etc. Ultimately I have to be able to support the firmware and so I cannot simply outsource the entire project.  If anyone knows of someone or some firm please send me a message.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RobertSchwebel
Contributor IV

Hi,

If you need commercial support for i.MX on the mainline kernel, please contact me via sales@pengutronix.de.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
peb
Contributor II

We have been very successful using Denx on PowerPC and use some thing from it on Arm/i.mx28.  If you don't need hab, encrypted boot and a few other things and don't mind a slightly longer boot time its probably good and for sure less painful.  If not you are likely stuck with the Rot that is LTIB.  It is a constant barrier to productivity in our environment at some stuff is not trivial to extract from it especially when using HAB.

The penguintronix guys are great, they are the reason that the mainline works at all on i.mx28.  Sure they will support you on the Freescale release but probably would not enjoy it.

We do i.MX work but hope you have gotten going by now.

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Paul,

Thank you for your post!  Indeed, we looked at Denx and even chatted with them too (great people as well!).  Sadly, we had to bail on the iMX for one project simply because of the project's compressed schedule and the many software uncertainties with using the iMX and embedded Linux...  All of which could have been addressed if we had more time...  That being said, I did make some good progress on many aspects and so I am hopeful I can get back to the iMX for a future project.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
awdenx
Contributor II

Hello Sam,

a nice description how to setup a development environment, run the board with U-Boot and Linux is available under

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/Manual?stickboard=m28

The manual is not based on the Freescale MCIMX28EVK but on a i.MX28 based hardware so it should be easy for you to adapt it.

Cheers

Andreas

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Andreas,

Thank you for your post!  I had looked at the denx information before, but since I had/have a very compressed schedule I thought it best to find a seasoned "Veteran" in order to accelerate the schedule.  After chatting with a few gurus, I believe that the schedule is just far too aggressive to use the iMX and Embedded Linux and so I have indirectly abandoned this direction for the project.  I will, as time permits, continue with my ramp up in the hopes that I can utilize this combination in the future.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
RobertSchwebel
Contributor IV

Hi,

If you need commercial support for i.MX on the mainline kernel, please contact me via sales@pengutronix.de.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos