Analyzing Segmentation fault Core Dump (gdb)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzing Segmentation fault Core Dump (gdb)

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi All,

I am getting following segmentation faults while running an Linux based application on imax6q custom hardware design. I back traced the core dump using Linux GDB and following you can see those core dumps. 

Kernel I'm using - Linux-boundary 4.1.15

Seg fault Core dump 1

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 gcoTEXTURE_BindTextureEx (Texture=0x263c6c4, Target=Target@entry=0, Sampler=1, Sampler@entry=0, Info=Info@entry=0x23f0708, textureLayer=textureLayer@entry=0)
at gc_hal_user_texture.c:3804
3804 gc_hal_user_texture.c: No such file or directory.

Seg fault Core dump 2

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 _SetFenceCtx (fence=0x5c30d6c, head=0x5c2ab74) at gc_hal_user_hardware.c:5752
5752 gc_hal_user_hardware.c: No such file or directory.

1) Those core dumps are directed to following source files. But I couldn't find those file in the above Linux-boundary 4.1.15 kernel build. What are they referring to ? To overcome with this problem what do you suggest ?

gc_hal_user_texture.c

gc_hal_user_hardware.c

src/glcore/gc_es_draw.c:943

src/glcore/gc_es_api.c:399

2) I could find a file called gc_hal_kernel_hardware.c in my kernel build. So is this the file the gdb back traced log is pointing out ? Do you have any idea of this kind of segmentation faults ?

Regards,

Peter.

Labels (5)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

please refer to description of GPU drivers in sect.13.1.1.3 Source Code Structure

attached Linux Manual. There are two parts: kernel module sources (as you found gc_hal_kernel_hardware.c )

and user mode library provided as binaries. In general you can try to get sources, as suggested on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/382621#600015 

Other ways to use more latest kernels were many gpu bugs were fixed:

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------