cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha blending question

kamilkompa
Contributor I

Hello,

I have an application which uses GLES (EGL-fb based), GTK and Gstreamer. For video playing the mfw_v4lsink is used. The application works properly under Ubuntu Linux. I need to use additional kernel drivers. Thus, I have recompiled the system by using LTIB. On the new system, alpha blending doesn't work. I use alpha blending to show GTK widgets and GLES window along with the movie. I have tried several configurations of the kernel with no success. Also, I have used the configuration which is included in the /boot directory of the Ubuntu system, but the application doesn't work properly on the compiled kernel. The video is properly scaled, but the edges are black (background should be visible). Also, if I run the gstreamer from rs232 console, the video is playing ok, but when I stop the streamer, the screen is black. And if i copy uImage from Ubuntu to my LTIB system, everything works fine. Any clues what's wrong?

Regards,

Kamil

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

richard1094
Contributor III

see

https://community.freescale.com/message/306002#306002

alpha_test.c.zip maybe help you.

kamilkompa
Contributor I

Thank you for the example. I have just merged several configurations of the kernel (in each of them something else was working properly), and finally everything what I need is OK (along with the blending). but I am not sure where the problem was (only the newest configuration works, and there were a lot of changes). I assume, that alpha-blending was ok, but someething else was stopping the graphics output when the movie was started.

0 Kudos