Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advices on adapted solution: video encoder

Jump to solution
raptor8
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to a new product that we want to develop but we don't have much experience with ARM and SoC so maybe someone from the community can help to find the right product.

Our product consists basically of taking video from an image sensor, compressing it and stream it through an Ethernet link.

The requirements are:

• Low power (hardware video encoder preferred)
  • Low bitrate video (1000-100 kbit/s)
  • Fast frame rate (60 fps)
  • Possibility to use/develop the system with different models of image sensors (not tied to 2 image sensors models like a RPi)
  • Documentation easily accessible
  • Parts available and open source hardware/schematics to make a customized board easily
  • Development kit with an image sensor to come with a proof of concept quickly (community boards or official dev kit)
  • Preferably great reliability and temperature range (Automotive)
  • Long term support

As I found out, the i.mx6 or i.mx8 seems to be some candidates for this task.

Thank you in advance for your time

1 Solution
raptor8
Contributor II

Hello ,

Thank you for your answer!
Sadly the i.MX8M doesn't specify a hardware video encoding but we have found and ordered the devkit of the new i.MX8M Mini which fits all the requirement with the downside that it's a little bit too new.

Ref:

i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors | Arm® Cortex®-A72, Cortex-A53, Cortex-A35, Cortex-M4, Cortex-... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
raptor8
Contributor II

Hello ,

Thank you for your answer!
Sadly the i.MX8M doesn't specify a hardware video encoding but we have found and ordered the devkit of the new i.MX8M Mini which fits all the requirement with the downside that it's a little bit too new.

Ref:

i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors | Arm® Cortex®-A72, Cortex-A53, Cortex-A35, Cortex-M4, Cortex-...