Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About printer configuration

zh_y
Contributor II

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for seeing this.

I want to drive different printers to print some PDFS through my IMX6Q development board.I found that yocto included hplip and cups, and I added hplip, cups, ghostscript, and footmatic configurations in local.conf to add them to rootfs.However, I found that I made an error using hp-config_usb_printer to configure the printer, as follows:

1571715351(1).png

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to restart CUPS with the command like "/etc/init.d/cups restart".

0 Kudos

zh_y
Contributor II

1. As you said, I hit /etc/init.d/cups restart on the command line, indicating that there is no /etc/init.d/cups file.

2. My rootfs already contains cups,hplip,ghost script,foomatic, etc., which are needed to drive the printer. As I understand it, cups and hplip can be used together. I would use cups+ with its own generic PPD to drive some generic usb printers, but that didn't work for me, so I came up with hplip. Right now I can't use hplip as smoothly as cups.

0 Kudos

zh_y
Contributor II

1. As you said, I hit /etc/init.d/cups restart on the command line, indicating that there is no /etc/init.d/cups file.

2. My rootfs already contains cups,hplip,ghost script,foomatic, etc., which are needed to drive the printer. As I understand it, cups and hplip can be used together. I would use cups+ with its own generic PPD to drive some generic usb printers, but that didn't work for me, so I came up with hplip. Right now I can't use hplip as smoothly as cups.

0 Kudos