About imx6 and imx7 use eim bus to transfer data there is a problem of time interval

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About imx6 and imx7 use eim bus to transfer data there is a problem of time interval

Contributor II

Hello everyone,
my development board is IMX7DSABRE. Linux kernel version is 4.9.88.
In the process of using eim for data transmission, I found that for every 32 bytes transmitted by the eim bus, there will be a certain idle time, and then I continue to transmit data. At first, I sent and received data through DMA, and found that there was a gap every 32 bytes. I thought it was caused by DMA. Later I found that I use non-dma way, there is still a gap every 32 bytes. Why is there a certain interval every 32 bytes transferred? This interval reduces the transmission speed of the eim bus. Is there any way to solve this interval? I found this problem on imx6d and imx7d.
The interval time is as follows:

em4_snapshot_1592815549694.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The issue relates to internal architecture of i.MX  devices, which is very complex

and is not optimized  especially for  fastest EIM operations.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Do you plan to optimize this time interval during EIM transmission? Is there any other way to increase the transmission rate of EIM?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

864535720@qq.com 

There are no plans regarding the EIM. Such interfaces as PCIe, USB are intended for high

speed ops.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos