cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 MHz Oscillator

kaveeh
Contributor I

Hello,

In the design reference of IMX6UL Evk, Y503 used as a solution for the current problem of version (TO1.0) and it is supplied with DCDC_3V3. However, the chip errata document, recommends using VDD_HIGH_IN for the supply (ERR009455). So, which one should be used?

The second point is, C505 is 18pf. I guess this relates to the Load capacitance of the oscillator. Is it true? I mean C506 and C505 should have the same value?

Thanks,

Kaveh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaveh

1. chip errata document, in general recommended to follow latest documentation from

web site

2. correct, oscillator load capacitance is provided in oscillator datasheet.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kaveeh
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Well, your answer is not clear. There is only one version of chip errata on the web yet (Rev 0). But, times again the design reference of IMX6UL Evk does not respect the chip errata document.

Chip errata document recommends using VDD_High_IN to supply the Oscillator which is not the case in the Evk board!!!

Best

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaveh

board is designed when not all documentation was finalized,

so it may differ from last documents.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

kaveeh
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the answer.

So, according to what you said, the chip errata points to the correct one even if the Evk board has been designed with the different supply and it works correctly. Right?

Best,

Kaveh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaveh

right

Best regards

~igor

0 Kudos