i.MX6UL/ULL/ULZ DRAM Register Programming Aids

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important: If you have any questions or would like to report any issues with the DDR tools or supporting documents please create a support ticket in the i.MX community. Please note that any private messages or direct emails are not monitored and will not receive a response.

This is the detailed programming aid for the registers associated with DRAM initialization (DDR3 and LPDDR2) of the MX6UL/ULL/ULZ (consolidated RPA). The last work sheet tab in the tool formats the register settings for use with the ARM DS5/RealView debugger. It can be manually converted by the user to a DCD file format used by uboot or other bootloaders (note the removal of debugger specific commands in this tab). The programming aids were developed for internal NXP validation and development boards.

This tool serves as an aid to assist with programming the DDR interface of the MX6UL/ULL/ULZ and is based on the DDR initialization scripts developed by the R&D team and no guarantees are made by this tool.

The following are some general notes regarding this tool:

• Refer to the "How To Use" tab in the tool as a starting point to use this tool.
  • Note that in the "DStream .ds file" tab there are DS5 debugger specific commands that should be commented out or removed when using the DRAM initialization for non-debugger specific applications (like when porting to bootloaders).
  • This tool may be updated on an as-needed basis for bug fixes or future improvements.  There is no schedule for aforementioned maintenance.

Labels (2)
Attachments
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-27-2023 09:52 AM
Updated by: