Build Linphone Android for i.MX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linphone is an internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP).

• With Linphone you can communicate freely with people over the internet, with voice, video, and text instant messaging.
  • Linphone makes use of the SIP protocol, an open standard for internet telephony. You can use Linphone with any SIP VoIP operator, including our free SIP audio/video service.
  • Linphone is free software (or open-source), you can download and redistribute it freely.
  • Linphone is available for desktop computers: Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, and for mobile phones: Android, iPhone, Blackberry.

Linphone-android is a good example to show the integration of Java code based on Android SDK with native CODEC, network protocols. Not like XBMC-Android that is almost total c++/c project.

Perform the following steps to build a linphone-android project:

1. git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git --recursive

2. sudo apt-get install autoconf automake libtool pkg-config

3. "cd" to the root of "git clone" : cd /home/user/linphne-android // wherver git'ed linphone-android is

4. export PATH=/home/user/android-ndk:$PATH //wherever your android-ndk, android-sdk tools, and platform-tools, and ANT are stored in.

For example on my PC.

export PATH=/home/alanz/android-ndk-r8d:/home/alanz/android-sdk-linux/tools:/home/alanz/android-sdk-linux/platform-     tools:/home/alanz/bin/apache-ant-1.8.4/bin:$PATH

Note: PATH contains the ndk, sdk, and ant.

5. Make sure the network is working, then execute "./prepare_sources.sh" at the linphone-android root

6. Then, execute "/home/alanz/android-ndk-r8d/ndk-build", it will take a while to be finished

7. Modify Makefile as following example, modify it accordingly.

NDK_PATH=/home/alanz/android-ndk-r8d

SDK_PATH=/home/alanz/android-sdk-linux/tools

SDK_PLATFORM_TOOLS_PATH=/home/alanz/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools

generate-libs:

$(NDK_PATH)/ndk-build ....... (remove -j$(NUMCPUS) by the end of this command line)

8. execute "make", after finish, the apk file can be found under bin/ subdirectory.

Labels (4)
Comments

Hi thanks for your help but i am getting below error in 5th step, while executing "./prepare_sources.sh"

===========================================================================

cp ./patch_pic.diff SILK_SDK_SRC_v1.0.9/SILK_SDK_SRC_ARM_v1.0.9

cd SILK_SDK_SRC_v1.0.9/SILK_SDK_SRC_ARM_v1.0.9 && /usr/bin/patch -p0 < patch_pic.diff

patching file Makefile

Hunk #1 FAILED at 26.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej

Makefile:420: recipe for target `SILK_SDK_SRC_v1.0.9/SILK_SDK_SRC_ARM_v1.0.9' failed

make: *** [SILK_SDK_SRC_v1.0.9/SILK_SDK_SRC_ARM_v1.0.9] Error 1

SILK audio plugin prepare state failed.

./prepare_sources.sh: line 41: xxd: command not found

./prepare_sources.sh: line 47: xxd: command not found

=====================================================================

Main problem is, when with these errors, i complete all steps and move ahead and import code in eclipse, run then i get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundException in GCMRegister class if i comment this code then same error for LinphoneActivity.java. please guide how i can get rid of this error and successfully run and test this code. Thanks in Advance.

There is no prepare_sources.sh file in the latest linphone-android sources. I was able to build linphone according to the README directions of the linphone-android git sources and run it on an android phone and it works

Is there the Linphone for Android using the CPU's hardware encoder?

If I use it on imx53 or imx6, it will use VPU?

It will not use the VPU. You will have to write a plugin which uses the hardware encoder. You could try using gstreamer appsrc plugin and combining that with a new mediastreamer2 plugin

Hi,

Do anybody have idea regarding whether we can use i.MX6 for designing Analog telephone adaptors? What kind of SW application we need to implement on i.MX6D?

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-27-2013 08:58 PM
Updated by: