cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8Mplus Wayland backend

NagendraB
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team, 

We would like to use "scale" option for weston wayland display system on imx8mplus with wayland backend (drm-backeend does not support scale)
SW info : yocto 5.4.0 (dunfell)

We understand that the IMX8Mplus support included from the release 5.4.47 (27-nov-2020) 
Also, The wayland and x11 backend support has been removed from the meta-freescale 
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/commit/5afc3561a2203b21e238bdc5c8c0f4048625e8de#

please provide us the details 

- how can re enable it, any issues using wayland backend ?

- or any other way to support scale option for weston 

regards

nagendra 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

NagendraB
Contributor II

Amber, 

The scale factor under [output] will scale the physical display, for example if I give scale=2, half of my display would be blank and left over part would be utilised  to display the content 

What I am looking is, for the logical scaling , for example, if scale=2  the wayland should be full screen with double the size of mouse pointer 

-Nagendra

0 Kudos

amberworth
Contributor III

I'm able to get the NXP OLED display to scale and rotate through settings in /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini

Note:  Scaling seems to be ignored unless I comment out

"use-g2d=1"  in the [core] section

For the OLED I'm using the following in the weston.ini file to scale and rotate:

[output]
name=DSI-1
scale=2
mode=1920x1080@60
transform=rotate-270

- Amber

0 Kudos

NagendraB
Contributor II

Amber, 

The scale factor under [output] will scale the physical display, for example if I give scale=2, half of my display would be blank and left over part would be utilised  to display the content 

What I am looking is, for the logical scaling , for example, if scale=2  the wayland should be full screen with double the size of mouse pointer 

-Nagendra

0 Kudos

amberworth
Contributor III

That is the same behavior I get if I do not comment out 

"use-g2d=1" 

in the [core] section.

After I comment it out, it works the way I would expect, with everything bigger on the screen.

0 Kudos

NagendraB
Contributor II

Yes, I could get scale up with commenting use-g2d, thank you 
may I know few details on it , is g2d is not required ? is it specific to IPU?

-Nagendra

amberworth
Contributor III

G2D is described in the i.MX Graphics User's Guide.  Basically, you are telling Wayland not to use 2D GPU acceleration for Wayland compositor by commenting it out. 

0 Kudos