cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about object detection on i.MXRT?

MarcinChelminsk
Contributor IV

Hi NXP Team!

I am aware that I can import example from SDK called "tensorflow_lite_label_image" (which is example for image classification). I followed the lab called "eIQ Transfer Learning Lab" which is based on this SDK example (https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343827 )

However, the question is: what about object detection on i.MXRT? Do you provide any examples, guides?

Any hints more than welcome! Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MarcinChelminsk
Contributor IV

Hello,

as eIQ toolkit is avialable now, and it supports working with Classification and Detection models

eIQ_classification_detection.PNG

could you provide any guidance on the workflow how to use Detection models and then deploy on embedded side?

david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marcin,

with eIQ Portal there aren't any huge differences in the flow between classification and object detection. The main difference from a user perspective is labeling the various objects (instead of whole images) in the dataset curator. When your dataset is ready, you just need to choose an object detection model and afterwards the workflow is the same.

If you have any specific questions, please create a new standalone thread so that we don't keep reviving this old one. Let's discuss everything in a fresh one with a more specific subject so that it's easier to find for others who look for the same information.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Ramson
Contributor IV

Hi, we are also working on a similar object detection example for tensorflow lite in which we are facing an issue, which i have posted in the forum (https://community.nxp.com/t5/eIQ-Machine-Learning-Software/How-to-add-custom-operators-in-tensorflow...). It would be a great help if you can find any solution for this, so that we all can benefit. Thanks

0 Kudos

jkjung13
Contributor I

I'd like to raise the same question again, since it's been over 1 year since the last post.  Does NXP have an object detection example for the i.MX RT devices now?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marcin, we do not currently have an object detection example for the i.MX RT devices.

0 Kudos