cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding PN5180 Card Emulation and Tag Reader

tsotnek
Contributor II

Hello,

So this is the question for NXP support, can I use PN5180 as both Card Emulation and Tag Reader but not simultaneously. For example, if I combine HCE_T4T example and MIFARE Classic example. If I add another task and poll like 500ms for Phone and then 500ms for Mifare classic. Is it possible? I have tried it and it doesn't work I want to know if it's a problem on my side or it's impossible?

Thanks

3 Replies

preethi_mh
Contributor I

Hi @tsotnek ,

Please  help me with this. or please direct me to any resources that can help.

Thanks,

Preethi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for submitting your question, we really appreciate your interest in our products.

The PN5180 IC is able to change its configurations without a RESET but, this isn't shown in any of our examples from the NFC Reader Library. My recommendation is that please explore the possibility of doing this without the library. In the next Application Note, AN12650 will guide you to use the PN5180 without a library.

Please check the  Datasheet commands (section), specially LOAD_RF_CONFIG and UPDATE_RF_CONFIG. These commands will manage the configuration changes that will be toggled while the application is running.

Unfortunately, the support for doing this is out of our scope.

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian

preethi_mh
Contributor I

Hi @Fabian_R 

Need help ! 

I'm trying to do what @tsotnek is doing here. 

I understood the fact that I should try without Library first. I went through the application note you mentioned [AN12650]. But, In the documentation I couldn't find the Example code flow for the Card emulation mode. Can you please me with if you have example code for Card emulation here. 

Thanks,

Preethi

Tags (2)
0 Kudos