QN9080: I2C and BLE communication at once (merge two SDK examples?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080: I2C and BLE communication at once (merge two SDK examples?)

mjkimbravo
Contributor III

Hello, I'm now using QN9080 and perform two kinds of tasks separately:

1) I2C communication between FPGA and QN9080 through "qn908xcdk_driver_examples_i2c_dma_transfer". FPGA and QN9080 is mounted on my own designed PCB.

2) BLE QPP communication between QN9080(on my own PCB) and USB dongle(on PC) through "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm".

I slightly modify those SDK examples a little bit (because it need to run on my own PCB QN9080, not on DK board), and both kinds of codes works fine well.

Now, I want to do I2C and BLE communication at once. However, it is not possible to run two SDK examples simultaneously. Is there any kinds of methods to merge two SDK examples? Otherwise, if I have to manually modify that, how can I perform I2C communication on "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm"?.

In other words, how can I perform I2C communication on "qn908xcdk_driver_examples_i2c_dma_transfer" and BLE QPP communication on "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm" at the same time (at once)?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Itzel_UV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I can see that you want to set up a I2C DMA transfer mode using the Private Server.

I suggest to try using the Serial Manager, there is a guide on how to enable the instance for the Serial Manager https://community.nxp.com/t5/Wireless-Connectivity-Knowledge/Enable-I2C-Serial-Interface-in-Bluetoot...

The example uses an I2C interface instead of UART, and it uses KW41Z, but the process is more or less the same.

Regards,

Itzel

0 Kudos