cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot size

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

When u-boot size is over 212Kbyte, it doesn't boot on NAND flash?

I use U-Boot 2011.12 from Timesys with their tool chain.

Emmanuel

Labels (5)
9 Replies

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Emmanuel,

This is a known issue with the 2011.12 u-boot. This may be resolved for our planned update to a later version of u-boot (2013.07) in 1-2 months. I will let you know when the sources are available.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Is there any workaround until the new version?

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Emmanuel,

There is currently not a workaround for this. dandouglass-b41520 would you have any insight about this size limitation and any possible courses of action to take?

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos

dan_douglass
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, I haven't worked with Vybrid in quite some time. As I remember the code in u-boot was tailored to specific parameters for the NAND device on the board, more or less it is reference code to start from.

Is the NAND device being used identical to the Tower Board? If not, maybe there is some issue with data not being completely written?

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Daniel,

For the moment I'm working with the tower board, because my own is not yet ready, but I'm planned to support Micron(first) and Spansion NAND flash.

I need more space to add some features like GPIO and script support to manage ON/OFF push button, DCU and FTM driver (for brightness control) to display splash screen, and NAND_TRIMFFS with some scripts to update UBI fs volume from uboot.

Nice program, isn't it?

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I found an other issue, if you try to add some some extra args in CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS, the TWR-VF65GS10 does'nt boot from NAND(works with SD), even if the u-boot size is under 212kbytes (185kbytes).

I need this feature to add some script in order to make field update easier.

Someone can help me on this?

Best regards,

Emmanuel

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Emmanuel,

We will be able to test this when the new version of u-boot (from mfgtool) is available for Vybrid. This version should have better NAND support.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I'm glad to hear it, because these things are going more and more critical for me.

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help with this case?

0 Kudos