cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid USB Loading Utility

Jump to solution
rod_k
Contributor II

Is there a Windows-based utility program for USB (Serial Loader) that can be used to download a boot image programming application (for on-board NAND Flash) into the on-chip RAM?   The app would handshake with the PC to obtain a boot image for the NAND device (parallel, not QSPI), then program the NAND, so the next time we reset, the image is loaded from NAND.  We have the jumpers on our Vybrid demo board set to boot from NAND Flash, but there is no boot image in the device.  We believe that (based on the documentation, Figure 19-1 of the Vybrid RM), the high-level on-chip Boot ROM flow will drop into "Download and Authenticate Image Using USB/UART" mode.  We are wondering if this serial loader/programmer application exists already from FSL, or do we have to create our own.  Thanks in advance...

Tags (4)
1 Solution
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A beta release is more likely the end of August schedule, hence the reason I suggested assuming end of Q3 for a customer release, right now I have no more detail than what I have given you already.

The Vybrid version will be a “lightweight” version of the iMX, so will be more restricted in its operation, but the basic principle should be the same.

Ross

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are familiar with our iMX products you may have used the MFG_Tool, with is what you describe. We are currently working on a Vybrid version of this. We have been given an internal delivery date for this as the end of August, so I would suggest assuming end of Q3 as a realistic customer delivery, we will release it as soon as we possibly can.

Ross

0 Kudos
rod_k
Contributor II

Will you be releasing a beta version for the Vybrid before the end of

August?

How similar to the iMX MFG_Tool will it be? If we study the documentation

for the MFG_Tool, will this be applicable?

Thank you,

Rod Kronschnabel

DataSoft Corporation

<mailto:rod.kronschnabel@datasoft.com> rod.kronschnabel@datasoft.com

480-763-5777 x449, 602-619-6690 cell

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A beta release is more likely the end of August schedule, hence the reason I suggested assuming end of Q3 for a customer release, right now I have no more detail than what I have given you already.

The Vybrid version will be a “lightweight” version of the iMX, so will be more restricted in its operation, but the basic principle should be the same.

Ross

0 Kudos
makotokatsukura
Contributor II

How about beta version release?

Will it be released in a few days or not?

I am now using JTAG ICE to download the program but it is not easy and simple. I want serial downloader for Vybrid.

Makoto

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately progress on the MFG_Tool for Vybrid is stalled for the time being, it was started and progress made, unfortunately the assigned people were unable to complete the work in the planned timeframe, so at this time we are assessing the outstanding effort and working on filling the resource gap to complete the work, I can not give you any indication of the time frame at the moment.

I will try to update this thread when we have updated plans.

Ross

FYI JeffKudrick

0 Kudos
mnw
Contributor II

Hi RossMcLuckie

Do you have an update on the progress of this tool?

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

Sadly the update is only more of the same I'm afraid, we had resources assigned on this but unfortunately they were unable to complete the task before they left, since then we have struggled to identify alternate available resources. We have continued to push for this and emphasised the importance to our customers, I have recently heard alternate resources are now evaluating the work that has been carried out to date and what remains to be done.

At this time I'd be reluctant to give a date as we have been very poor on this so far, it will be released as soon as it is ready, but I do not see that happening in the short term, I would like to think it will be resolved by the year end, but I'm not able to commit to dates at this time.

Apologies for the continued delays

Ross

0 Kudos