cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid MFG Tool Issue

Jump to solution
DougMartens
Contributor II

I am using the Vybrid V5R and V5F series processor in two different products at this time, and we have the Tower Systems eval board with the V5F loaded on it.  We are having all sorts of issues connecting USB through the MFG tool.  If the PC that is hosting the MFG tool is USB 1.1 then all three products connect and work properly.  If the PC supports USB 2.0 then the host/device negotiate a highspeed connection and then fails to be recognized.

One would immediately conclude that this is an SI issue.  However, here are the facts;

1. Both of our custom boards experience this issue on all PC's,

2. Our boards are 50 ohm impedeance without split planes.

3. All signals are run adjacent to the ground plane.

4. No signals are within 3W of the pair.

5. Pair is run differentially with length matchine to 250thou.

6. Tower system eval board experiences the exact same fate including with external developers.

7. By passed all cable/connector issues and spliced a USB cable directly into traces on board with standard USB cable.

To us it seems like the microcoded bootloader does not support USB Highspeed even though the port does in an operating system.  Has anybody experienced the same issue and is their a fix?

Labels (4)
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Doug and karinavalencia​,

Currently, we're only supporting the VF6xx Vybrid running U-boot and Linux; I can't speak to the behavior of the mfgtool on the VF5xx, unfortunately. As Freescale provides the utility, perhaps someone at Freescale can comment Karina?

Thank you,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

cyborgnegotiator​ can you   share your comments here?

0 Kudos
cyborgnegotiato
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

Could you please specify which TWR board revision you have?

I am not aware of similar USB issues as you describe. I'm talking about it with hw guys.

Jozef

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you attend this case?

0 Kudos