Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid MCC in Linux without having M4 running

Jump to solution
johannestraxler
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a program running in linux userspace which initializes MCC (mcc_initialize). The M4 core is not running, i.e. no image was loaded.

Additionally I create two endpoints. I experience that the program crashes after this operations!

Is this because there is no application running on M4?

Or can this error have any other reasons?

Currently I do not have the appropriate M4 application ready and as a starting point I just want to initialize the MCC and its endpoints from linux side. Data transfer will not be done!

Thanks,

Johannes

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
johannestraxler
Contributor III

I found out that the problem is not related to MCC or its drivers, but to stdout. When sending a special combination of character the program hangs and ends up with a SIGHUP linux signal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help on this case?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Johannes,

Can you try running the following on the command-line before running your application:

# modprobe mcc

Thanks, and let me know how it goes.

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
johannestraxler
Contributor III

Hi,

I loaded the kernel module everytime before starting the program, but this brings no improvement. Any other ideas?

(I'm using MCC version 1.0.3)

BR,

Johannes

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Johannes,

Another option would be to not load the mcc module before starting your application. mcc_initialize will not return MCC_SUCCESS. You can use an if statement on mcc_initialize() to check for this - if MCC_SUCCESS is not returned, do not create any endpoints or perform other MCC related actions.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

johannestraxler
Contributor III

I found out that the problem is not related to MCC or its drivers, but to stdout. When sending a special combination of character the program hangs and ends up with a SIGHUP linux signal.

0 Kudos