cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ext_POR/TEST2 pin

Jump to solution
POSterminalPCI_
Contributor II

I am developing a VF3x based for cash register HW. I expected the Ext_POR pin as an external power on reset pin and connected a reset chip's reset signal out to it. In latest document "http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/data_sheet/VYBRIDFSERIESEC.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=..." It  is written that this pin is for factory use only, tie it to GND. Should I connect my RESET signal to RESET_B/RESET_OUT pin? or May I still use Ext_POR pin to reset the Vybrid?

Best regards

Mehmet Ali Ipin.

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

The pin you are interested in is the "RESETB/RESET_OUT" one (please, refer to the Tower VF65GS10 - Schematics on the TWR-VF65GS10-DS5 Product Summary Page).

(Indeed, the most common interpretation of the "POR" abbreviation is "Power-ON Reset", which is a bit confusing in this case...)

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mehmet,

The pin you are interested in is the "RESETB/RESET_OUT" one (please, refer to the Tower VF65GS10 - Schematics on the TWR-VF65GS10-DS5 Product Summary Page).

(Indeed, the most common interpretation of the "POR" abbreviation is "Power-ON Reset", which is a bit confusing in this case...)

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos