Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache, set associate to direct mapped

Jump to solution
hjk
Contributor III

I read this on the ARM programmer guide

"You can lock the replacement algorithm on a way basis, enabling the associativity to be reduced from eight-way down to one-way, direct mapped."

Register 9 is the lockdown register, but I don't know how to use it, I saw "MRC p15,0,<Rd>,c9,c0,0" on ARM website, I have no idea how exactly it was used.

can someone provide an example of what exactly should I put in Rd, and how do I determine it is a read or write?

Thanks,

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Timesys Support do you have an update?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

The commands 'MRC' and 'MCR' are used to specify if its a read or a write operation. MRC stands for "send a command to a coprocessor and get some data back" and MCR is "send a command to a coprocessor and pass some data along".

Rd is the core register and its contents must be the value needed to be set in the register. I will update you with the example commands soon, meanwhile please refer the below link for more information  "ARM Information Center ".

Thanks,

Timesys Support.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help here?

0 Kudos