Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access DCU registers from User space

Jump to solution
riz1231
Contributor I

Hello,

We are not able to access DCU memory mapped registers from user mode (non-privileged) on Vybrid.  Is there any specific settings we have to perform to make it happen?

Note: we are trying to access DCU registers starting from 0x40058000 address (Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev. 7, 06/2014 Page 3034)

Thanks,

Rizwan Rasheed

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
rendy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please download Vybrid Security Reference manual. There read mainly chapter #5 and chapter #7. There you will get more information about the CSU unit, which should allow you to set access rights to various NIC masters/slaves. If you have further questions, write them here and mention me (character '@' + my name).

Regards

Rene

kenmacfarlane
Contributor III

@ReneKolarik, does MQX support user & supervisor modes? I'm told that There is no user-mode/supervisor-mode split in Vybrid

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Were you able to acces the registers in user-mode.

Would you be nice enough to share your solution?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

How can you tried access to registers? And do you read section "55.7 Register protection" on VYBRIDRM? It can be helpful.

Best Regards

Vilem

kenmacfarlane
Contributor III

55.7 is about "Timing, Error and Interrupt Management" in Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev. 5, 07/2013. Has a section on Register protection been introduced? Perhaps this will explain why code that previously worked on a bare metal DCU demo, does not change the DCU registers (albeit on an MQX-based application).

0 Kudos
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenneth,

In Vybrid Reference Manual rev. 7, 06/2014 is 55.7 about Register protection.

Vilem

0 Kudos