Why do all my questions/comments go to moderation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do all my questions/comments go to moderation?

Jump to solution
bmcdonnell_ionx
Contributor III

Question in the title.

Does the forum work this way for everyone - that every single post is manually reviewed? If so, why? If not, what's going on in my case?

EDIT: OK, this question itself didn't go to moderation. But everything I've posted up until now has gone to moderation. Including even my latest comment in this thread:

Why are external SDRAM initializations so different on LPCOpen vs. mbed? 

The comment (not yet released from moderation, at the time of this post):

Nov 13, 2017 9:55 AM

Tags (2)
1 Solution
dianatorres
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI bmcdonnell_ionx

This depends on the settings established in the place where you are posting your questions and this was decided only to prevent spam attacks.

However, even if your content goes to moderation it will be approved and shown publicly within a short period of time since there is a group of moderators taking care of all the content that goes to these queues. 

Regards, 

Diana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
fred27murphy
Contributor II

It'd be nice to at least know this. My first post just "disappeared" and I almost retyped it. I'm assuming now that it's in moderation but I can't see that.

I'm guessing nobody will see this reply either...

sparkee
Contributor V

What I have found is that once you have enough "points” you no longer get automatically moderated.  Here's a tip to get above the cutoff: Go read and react to posts with a "like” or a "follow” or "helpful”.  Every interaction you have with the site gives you points. You can also go into your profile and there are rabbit hunts for extra points you can do.  I'm getting an error when I try to look at my profile so I can't give you more detail but I'm pretty sure that's where it was.  I think once you get up to "level 2” you stop getting moderated.  It's not a bad system actually, I think it's just different from the norm and maybe not advertised that it works that way so it can be frustrating. 

After rereading this post, I'm wondering why none of the moderators have suggested this easy answer? dianatorres

sparkee
Contributor V

I also get sent to moderation for every single post.  Sometimes it takes 24-36 hours for it to get approved.  It takes a week on this forum to get the amount of work done in 6 hours on other forums.  I understand the first few posts going to moderation but this is outrageous.  I've never been to another forum that had moderation anywhere close to this.  

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Links, especially external ones, in a message raise the likely hood of moderation for new people.
Also there seems to be some kind of reputation thing going on where you get points for posts.

So new people get into moderation more.  After awhile messages stop going to moderation.

Not sure if it after so many approvals, or so many points. 

Never saw a good explanation of any of this anyplace, just what I've observed and experienced myself.

dianatorres
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI bmcdonnell_ionx

This depends on the settings established in the place where you are posting your questions and this was decided only to prevent spam attacks.

However, even if your content goes to moderation it will be approved and shown publicly within a short period of time since there is a group of moderators taking care of all the content that goes to these queues. 

Regards, 

Diana

bmcdonnell_ionx
Contributor III

Diana Torres wrote:

...even if your content goes to moderation it will be approved and shown publicly within a short period of time...

It seems like it sometimes takes a while, but I haven't tracked that. I'll post again if it becomes an issue.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos