How do I send someone in the community a message?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send someone in the community a message?

Jump to solution
Paul_Kuhn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I want to contact a community member directly, without it being visible in the discussion.  How do I do that?

1 Solution
Paul_Kuhn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two ways to contact a community member outside of a discussion: Direct Messages and Private Discussions.  .

1. Direct Message - To send someone a direct message you have to first have a "relationship" with them.  You do this by becoming their friend.  You can become someone's friend by clicking on their name or avatar and clicking "Add as Friend.”  Once your friend request is accepted you will see the option to "Direct Message" the person when  you click on their name/avatar.
  2. Private Discussion -  You initiate a Private Discussion from the header:
    1. Click "Create"
    2. Select “Discussion”
    3. Click “Private Discussion.” 
    4. Type the person's user name and your message.

When sending someone a message it is very useful to use the @mentioning functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Paul_Kuhn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two ways to contact a community member outside of a discussion: Direct Messages and Private Discussions.  .

1. Direct Message - To send someone a direct message you have to first have a "relationship" with them.  You do this by becoming their friend.  You can become someone's friend by clicking on their name or avatar and clicking "Add as Friend.”  Once your friend request is accepted you will see the option to "Direct Message" the person when  you click on their name/avatar.
  2. Private Discussion -  You initiate a Private Discussion from the header:
    1. Click "Create"
    2. Select “Discussion”
    3. Click “Private Discussion.” 
    4. Type the person's user name and your message.

When sending someone a message it is very useful to use the @mentioning functionality.

0 Kudos
gbiradar
Contributor IV

@Paul A Kuhn  i tried to follow your procedure but it is of no help to me.

0 Kudos