Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale Innovation Challenge RULES-Timer

Jump to solution
For_Seal
Contributor I

Hello Freescale community,

I have a question regarding a timer last lap notification.

Rules content this section:

"The car will be notified about entering the last lap via a row of red LEDs positioned above the start/stop line. Red LEDs mean that the car is entering its last lap. The total number of laps is the same for all teams engaged into the same race event."

so we can use sensor (camera, RGB sensor) to detect last lap, but it is a easier way: set number of laps by button before ride and ignore "semaphore". How you want prevent this way? Or it isn't a breaking the rule?

Thanks for answer

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The car is notified about when it enters the lap means that it must not be preset into the car at the time of the start (via pushbutton or any other way for preprogramming. Indeed the car needs to have a light sensor to know when it passes into the last lap.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The car is notified about when it enters the lap means that it must not be preset into the car at the time of the start (via pushbutton or any other way for preprogramming. Indeed the car needs to have a light sensor to know when it passes into the last lap.

For_Seal
Contributor I

Thanks for answer.
When it is breaking the rules...How you want identify purpose of pushing button at the start? I am asking,because we can use buttons for another setting like speed-set or set car to the run mode.

0 Kudos
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well.... it is the reason it is a pilot program and that we ask for fair-play and honesty in our contests. The only other way would be NOT to say how many laps and make it different for each competitor. I am not sure that it would be a fair race.... but it could be interesting. A good thought for the next year's contest.

0 Kudos