What is needed to create T1040D4RDB Device Trees for FSL Community releases later than 2.3? - Missing T Series Machine types in newer repositories.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is needed to create T1040D4RDB Device Trees for FSL Community releases later than 2.3? - Missing T Series Machine types in newer repositories.

johnfogarty
Contributor I

Our product is T1040 based but we need to run on SUMO yocto builds. We've already tried using DTBs built with the NXP SDK 2.0, but the later version kernels fail to recognize them.

The T1040 machine types are available in the FSL Community BSP Release Notes Documentation, Release 2.3, but are gone in Release 2.4 and 2.5:

- t1040d4rdb NXP T1040D4RDB t1040 meta-freescale
- t1040d4rdb-64b NXP T1040D4RDB t1040 meta-freescale

Thanks, John Fogarty, Base2 Solutions

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The DTC Device Tree Compiler is used for decompile .dtb to .dts file and compile .dts to dtb file.

See the following pages:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man1/dtc.1.html

and

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21670967/how-to-compile-device-tree-source-files-dts

Find dtc in your yocto and recompile and compile this DTB file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johnfogarty
Contributor I

Thanks Pavel, but I'm afraid my question was unclear. We currently make extensive use to of the DTC.

The question, is how can we get the Device Tree Source that correctly describes a T1040d4RDB-64b for a SUMO (2.5) yocto kernel. We have (as an example) a T1042d4.dts built by the Jethro 2.0 based NXP SDK 2.0 which is significantly (100s of lines different) from the T1042d4.dts built with SUMO 2.5. The SUMO uImage kernel will not boot the 2.0 DTB, but of course it does boot the substantially changed 2.5 version. Inspection of the DTC decompiled source shows that signifcant changes are made in FMAN, BMAN, and QMAN layout just as one of many FSL driver specific changes.

What we are trying to do is figure out how to get a DTB for the t1040d4 that works with the 2.5 kernel, and that source is no longer available in the new BSP. The last BSP which still contains the T1040 is 2.3. Can you discover why the support was removed?

0 Kudos