Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042 Understanding

Jump to solution
faizmajeed
Contributor III

HI!!

I am working on T1042 processor and want to study it thoroughly. I have started from IFC, but i have not found any document useful to explain internals of IFC e.g explanation about control machines in it (FCM , GPCM etc). I am so confused that i do not even know about system bus that is giving 40 bit address to IFC and what IFC is performing actions on it. 

Can you please refer me some document that can explain the whole working of IFC. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I have read some training documents. But I think the T1040 manual is the best document which explains the whole working of the T1042 IFC. For general picture start to read from section 2.1 "Memory Map Overview" and section 24.1 "IFC overview" and continue with section 24.4 "IFC functional description" and control machines sections. The IFC training document you can find on the nxp site. Enter in the search string FTF-NET-F0151 or  “Integrated Flash Controller (IFC) Features and a Comparison with eLBC”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I have read some training documents. But I think the T1040 manual is the best document which explains the whole working of the T1042 IFC. For general picture start to read from section 2.1 "Memory Map Overview" and section 24.1 "IFC overview" and continue with section 24.4 "IFC functional description" and control machines sections. The IFC training document you can find on the nxp site. Enter in the search string FTF-NET-F0151 or  “Integrated Flash Controller (IFC) Features and a Comparison with eLBC”

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!