cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042 Flash Programming

faizmajeed
Contributor III

HI!

I am using T1042 processor and making a custom board using reference design board. I want to boot my board from NOR flash. for this purpose i have to place boot-loader in NOR Flash. Now please suggest me some idea to program NOR flash externally. what software can i use and what protocol should i use for this purpose i.e Ethernet , Uart or any other.

Thank You

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The recommended way is to use our CodeWarrior software and CodeWarrior TAP debug probe to program U-boot boot loader to NOR flash. After that, you can use U-boot to load Linux kernel over Ethernet and program it to NOR flash.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

faizmajeed
Contributor III

In my processor there are only 5 pins for JTAG but your CodeWarrior TAP debug prob contain many pins on dubug header. Please specify any connector if i needed between my processro JTAG port and your prob debug header. because i want to program my flash through my JTAG conector using your CodeWarrior TAP prob.

Thank You

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by "your processor", in case if you mean our T1042 processor, than it should have standard 14-pin JTAG/COP header, connected as specified in our documentation. Please look T1040 family Design Checklist (application note AN4825), Figure 25.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN4825&location=null&fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1&Parent_nodeI... 

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!