How to configure T4240 rev. 2.0 processor to 10GBASE-KR interface instead of XFI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure T4240 rev. 2.0 processor to 10GBASE-KR interface instead of XFI?

dmitryslezkin
Contributor II

Hello!

We are using the T4240 processor and our board has the 10GBASE-KR interface between SoC and PLD.

Previously used T4240RDB uses XFI interface which by default has incompatible settings with 10GBASE-KR.

I found that this mode can't be choosed completely by RCW and it is needed to change the SerDes2_LNxTECR0 to tune SoC peripherial mode.

I also found that the Linux kernel has a module "fsl_10gkr" which has the "tune_tecr0" function to perform the mode switch. But we don't know the case when this function called.

What is the proper way to change XFI settings to 10GBASE-KR. We have to write the register directly or may be it can be performed by some utility or kernel reconfigure?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

dmitryslezkin
Contributor II

Hello, again!

The problem was solved only partially.

Now we can receive and transmit frames thru the 10GBASE-KR interface, but with 3-7% losses.

Linux 10GBASE-KR driver has more complex routines than only writing the SerDes register but we still dont know how to launch the driver properly.

Is it right that u-boot sources are need to be changed, or we have to change only device-tree file?

Is there some instructions - how to perform all the changes to customize software (u-boot, dts, kernel, etc.) in this aspect?

0 Kudos

dmitryslezkin
Contributor II

I'm using SDK 1.9.

New issue:

The problem is solved bu addind a PBI command into the block after RCW (u-boot-spl.pbl file in our case).

The PBI command is:

090eb818 24AD2000

or

"CCSR Write to 0x0eb818, data=0x24AD2000" in QCVS software interpretation.

The PBI command is added by change file in u-boot source:

board/freescale/t4_pbi.cfg

0 Kudos