Does freescale git linux kernel work for T2080RDB ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does freescale git linux kernel work for T2080RDB ?

omer_er
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I downloaded freescale git linux kernel from GitHub - Freescale/linux-fslc: Linux kernel source tree  and build it with this config:

make corenet64_smp_defconfig.

I also build t2080rdb.dtb with this command:

make fsl/t2080rdb.dtb.

I used these dtb and kernel images and SDK2.0 filesystem for T2080RDBs. I see just one cpu is working on packet processing, other ones almost %100 idle. I also see this kind of messages:

net_ratelimit: 151 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 114 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 49 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 31 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 5 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 1051 callbacks suppressed
net_ratelimit: 684 callbacks suppressed

What is the problem here ? Do I have to build kernel with yocto ? Because there is a problem with these images that I build manually.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The repository you mentioned is not used in any NXP official BSP or SDK valid for your processor. 

Below is where our Yocto SDK obtains Linux kernel source code from:

bitbake -e virtual/kernel | grep -e "^SRC_URI"
SRC_URI="git://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux.git;protocol=https;branch=linux-5.4   "

It is of course possible to build a kernel for T2080 without Yocto, but please keep in mind that we can provide a very

limited support to non-SDK kernels.  If you decide to build your kernel "by hand", our recommendation is at least to

use the SDK toolchains and kernel.

Have a great day,
Platon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

omer_er
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

I already used SDK1.9 toolchain to build mainline (https://community.nxp.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FFreescale%2Flinux-fslc ) kernel; but it does not work properly on T2080RDB as I mentioned earlier.

I also tried to build kernel with yocto. Using latest mainline Linux kernel for QorIQ powerpc based boards  in this issue yipingwang‌ told to build this kernel:

NXP Linux Kernel

url = git://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux

with referring this readme:

readme - qoriq-components/yocto-sdk - Repo manifest for QorIQ Yocto SDK 

But there are some compiling errors.

How can I build latest kernel properly ? With or without yocto.

Thanks.

Ömer

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP does not test every mainline kernel release. Thus, if you are asking about the latest mainline kernel, or some community-maintained repository that offers kernel releases ahead of NXP LSDK, the answer is, we hope that the building procedure is not very much different from what we have tested.

If you wish to stay with an NXP-verified kernel, use the (L)SDK repository and the appropriate branches and tags. I have shown above how to identify them using bitbake.

As of Yocto, it is only a build automation tool. Everything done by Yocto can be done manually, but you have to be familiar with Yocto recipes to follow them accurately by hand.

Have a great day,
Platon

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

omer_er
Contributor I

Thanks for your answers.

How do I edit SRC_URI to download 5.4 linux kernel ? This is my SRC_URI output:

# bitbake -e virtual/kernel | grep -e "^SRC_URI"
SRC_URI="git://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux;nobranch=1 file://0001-Makfefile-add-cflags.patch file://ima-evm.config file://edgescale_demo_kernel.config"

Thanks.

0 Kudos