cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR4 Compatibility with T1042

gokulkrishnan
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am planning on using a DDR4 memory chip along with the T1042 processor. From the datasheet i found that the chip only supports upto 1600 in data rate and has a max clock frequency of 800MHz.

While the DDR4 device requires a clock of 1333MHz. Could you clarify if this would work properly or Shoudl I choose some other configuration ?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards

Gokul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

On www.JEDEC.org they say: The per-pin data rate for DDR4 is specified as 1.6 giga transfers per second to an initial maximum objective of 3.2 giga transfers per second. JEDEC Standard No. 79-4A (DDR4 specifications) says: An application should use the next smaller JEDEC standard tCK(avg) value (1.5, 1.25, 1.071, 0.938 or 0.833 ns). tCK=1.5ns means 667MHz clock frequency and 1333MT data rate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos