cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior flash programming problem

kristof_tunner
Contributor II

Hy,

We have a custom board with ls1046a qoriq processor on it. I would like to bring up the board by burning u-boot to the emmc with the CW flash programmer, but while running the target initialization script in CW the error below occurs.

pastedImage_1.png

I use the safe RCW in the initialization script. What can be the problem, what does want the CW write at this address?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kristof_tunner
Contributor II

Here is the log attached.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In your CCS log, there is problem at "ccs_reset_to_debug", please refer to the following JTAG interface connection.

Please ensure HRESET not tied to TRST, HRESET to the processor exclusive to COP/JTAG header.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

kristof_tunner
Contributor II

I cant connect with gdb to the hardware because i am using a blank project and i use the Codewarrior only for flash programming. Should i make this with a helloworld application?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no valid RCW on the target board, in CodeWarrior initialization file please modify "USE_SAFE_RCW = True" to use hard-coded RCW.

If your problem remains, would you please refer to the following procedure to capture protocol CCS log?

Please click Window->Preferences->Debug Sever Connection->Logging Configuration, in PROTOCOL logging panel, please configure "Logging level" as "DEBUG" and check "Enable logging to Eclipse console". Please connect to the target board from Run->Debug Configurations->GDB Hardware Debugging-><project>->Debug, the low level CCS log will be printed in the console.

0 Kudos