cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license remote login not working

Jump to solution
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I have just remotely logged in to my windows 7 ultimate machine at work to do an emergency software update for our production line in Asia which has stopped until they get the software, its 6am on a Saturday morning and my node locked license wont work. I am connected to my computer via a VPN and windows remote desktop with the same login as always, the IP address on my node locked license is correct as I see it on my network cards and in the license file.

"Unknown error with Key................."

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

TS_OK is enabled on most of NXP tools, some of them like 68K version do no support Terminal services, but this is the only one i recall,  beside that all of NXP tools are supported on virtual environment.

thank you for the answer carl 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Thanks, that got us through. I have been busy since so have not replied.

Its obvious that Codewarrior license is set up to protect against people using terminal services on windows, I assume for people that steal... We pay the yearly subscription fee, and always have. I guess if people want to steal they will always find a way, we don't want that, when I travel for work I need to remotely compile updates for manufacturing, is there a way I can do this?

0 Kudos
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

TS_OK is enabled on most of NXP tools, some of them like 68K version do no support Terminal services, but this is the only one i recall,  beside that all of NXP tools are supported on virtual environment.

thank you for the answer carl 

0 Kudos
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I will suggest to create a private case so we can share your license information.

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Send the error msg you are getting to get a better Idea of the issue, also add the CW version you need to use.

I will contact you directly to your email to get you a temp license to move forward.

Regards

0 Kudos