Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior license can not be activated

Jump to solution
parkyj
Contributor I

Hello.

This is yjpark who is trying to be a codewarrior v5.2 user.

I bought a USB dongle license but it doesn't work.

At first, I registered license to NXP homepage and then, I downloaded license.dat file at "C:/programfiles/freescale/CWS12v5.2" like below picture.

pastedImage_1.png

But When I start codewarrior IDE, the error message is appeared as if I am using free version.

One more thing this window is weird, EVERYDAY this message says "This is the last day".

pastedImage_3.png

Plus, after I click build button, the error messages are appeared that code size is larger than 1024 bytes.

pastedImage_2.png

Of course the flex Id is correct and USB dongle driver is installed. 

I checked device manager several times, and any warning or error message is not occurred.

flex Id is also checked by flexlm tools several times.

I have tried several times, (I mean codewarrior SW re-install, license.dat file resister, ...), but same phenomenon is observed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lisettelozano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Are you using Windows 10 with the USB Dongle? If so, we do not support the configuration of a Classic IDE as the v5.2 in Windows 10 with the USB Dongle. In this case, we recommend hosting the license locally by using the disk serial number or ethernet MAC address. Please try by re-hosting the license to either of those two options and let me know the results. The steps to re-host a license are the same as How do I switch my Software to another computer? in our FAQ.

Another question, have you previously installed v5.1 before trying with v5.2?

Have a great day,
Paulina

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lisettelozano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Are you using Windows 10 with the USB Dongle? If so, we do not support the configuration of a Classic IDE as the v5.2 in Windows 10 with the USB Dongle. In this case, we recommend hosting the license locally by using the disk serial number or ethernet MAC address. Please try by re-hosting the license to either of those two options and let me know the results. The steps to re-host a license are the same as How do I switch my Software to another computer? in our FAQ.

Another question, have you previously installed v5.1 before trying with v5.2?

Have a great day,
Paulina

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.