XGate compiler not licensed in Code Warrior 5.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGate compiler not licensed in Code Warrior 5.1

rlw
Contributor I

I have Code Warrior 4.6 and 5.1 for S12X installed.

In one project, we just switched to using Code Warrior 5.1 from 4.6, now, under 5.1, all the "CPU12" sources compile correctly, but Xgate sources are limited to generating 512 bytes of object code. A coworker of mine who has all this working has confirmed that the Xgate compiler on my PC is running in "eval" mode. We have compared our license.dat files, but are unable to determine why the Xgate portion of my license.dat doesn't work for CW 5.1, but does work for CW 4.6

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ron,

In addition to Fiona, may be you're not using the correct license file.

In our data base I found some references to your email account but the registration seems to be associated to a colleague.

Following the info I found, it seems you're using a Professional suite.

I recommend to create a case in our new system.

Please can you provide your license file used ?

After the merge of Freescale and NXP, technical support cases are answered in a different system.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rlw
Contributor I

I registered on NXP.com under my work email. but I see no way to log out from this forum and re-log under my work email.

My license at work is registered by our tools support liaison. Serial number is FSL-12090911

Should I ask the tools support liaison to contact you?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ron,

So you can not post your question under Case system ?

By default you should see the Contact support at link NXP TechSupport Community Overview .

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ron

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

The license for CW4.6 does not support v5.1. Please upgrade the license for your v5.1.  And only Standard Edition and Professional Edition have no C compiler limit for XGATE.

For details, please refer to:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/950-00437.pdf

New versions of CodeWarrior products within the CodeWarrior Development Suite may be released throughout the year after your initial purchase. As long as your subscription is active (for an annual subscription license) or your technical support and maintenance is current (for a perpetual license) you can easily upgrade to the newest product release. To upgrade to the latest version of a product:

1) Go to www.nxp.com

2)  Log in using your registered member ID and password

3)  Click on <Software Licensing and Support> under <SECURE APPLICATIONS> — The " NXP Software" page appears

4) Click on the CodeWarrior Suite you are now using. 

5) Locate the product you wish to upgrade, and click on Version Renewal

NOTE If you already have the latest version of the product, the button does not appear.

6) Click Download License File

7) Install the new license file.

If the technical support expires, customer can purchase one-year Tech support in order to update CW to latest version.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos