Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Authorization failed & license@freescale.com inbox not monitored

Jump to solution
Contributor I
CrasyCat,

I too am having trouble* with License Authorization.   I am using the standard
edition for HCS08 version 5.1, which has all of the sudden degraded to demo mode.

Unfortunately, my messages to license@freescale.com go unanswered.
(3 days and counting).

Is there another email address where licensing issues can get resolved ?

Better yet, can you let the superior of the employee(s) who monitor that inbox
know, so that competent help can staff that position ?

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Davy Baker

* = Ethernet node lock License Authorization seemingly worked for a few hours.   Then, I got a
dialog box that read:

Lost license: Unable to reconnect to FLEXlm license
server. CodeWarrior IDE will shutdown.
License feature: Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited
and a OK button

After clicking OK, CodeWarrior closed and so I lost my latest changes...

When I restarted CodeWarrior, I quickly learned that I was in demo mode.   So, I tried
to do the License authorization again, but this time it didn't work.   Instead, I got the message:

Error
License authorization failed  Please try again later, or
and a OK button

In desperation, I rebooted my machine.   However, the above symptom persists.
As per the tools instructions, every few hours I "try again", but the same viscious
cycle occurs.

Finally I decided to call.   However, website fails to mention phones only answered M-F.
(today is Saturday)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Contributor III
Davy,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback on our forums.  Wanted to first speak to your specific issue that you are currently encountering:

My apologies for the delay you experienced in getting your initial response to your email that you submitted on Thursday, Sept. 14th.  I've seen you have had a couple of email exchanges with the team since then and that some progress is being made, i'll follow up with a phone call to you shortly to see where things currently stand and see if I can get you moving quicker in the right direction.

Also wanted to respond to you on several of your comments:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: license@freescale.com is the appropriate address to send these types of issues to.

ANSWER: That would be me, I'll be happy to discuss through whatever issues/comments you have here with regards to the licensing team monitoring the license@freescale.com mailbox and see that they are addressed.

Regards,
John Whitney
Freescale Licensing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor III
Davy,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback on our forums.  Wanted to first speak to your specific issue that you are currently encountering:

My apologies for the delay you experienced in getting your initial response to your email that you submitted on Thursday, Sept. 14th.  I've seen you have had a couple of email exchanges with the team since then and that some progress is being made, i'll follow up with a phone call to you shortly to see where things currently stand and see if I can get you moving quicker in the right direction.

Also wanted to respond to you on several of your comments:
ANSWER: license@freescale.com is the appropriate address to send these types of issues to.

ANSWER: That would be me, I'll be happy to discuss through whatever issues/comments you have here with regards to the licensing team monitoring the license@freescale.com mailbox and see that they are addressed.

Regards,
John Whitney
Freescale Licensing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos