cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting License off-site from a Floating License

kevinledinh
Contributor II

Hi NXP Support team, 

I have some problem re. granting an external contractor to use my company's floating license. The license is installed on my local machine. I have been using it locally.

Could you instruct me how to set up the license/PC so that the contractor can use the license?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The contractor will need to have access to the server network in order to use the license. 

You can do a borrowing when going off site, but this lasts only 1 week. 

I recommend creating a case in the nxp.com/support site to check the specific case. 

how to borrow 

For Windows hosts

1. Run lmborrow.exe that can be found HERE with the desired vendor name, the date (and optionally the time) until you want to borrow a license

Example:

lmborrow.exe metrowks 

1. Now use your software. For every licensed functionality you use, the corresponding license will be borrowed from the license server. Note that you need to be connected to the license server and exercise all the functionalities of interest to you.
  2. Disconnect the client from the server network. Now with the borrowed license you are able to use the software even not connected to the server.

For Linux hosts

1. Run lmutil lmborrow that can be found HERE with the desired vendor name, the date (and optionally the time) until when you want to borrow a license

Example:

lmutil lmborrow metrowks 

1. Now use your software. For every licensed functionality you use, the corresponding license will be borrowed from the license server. Note that you need to be connected to the license server and exercise all the functionalities of interest to you.
  2. Disconnect the client from the server network. Now with the borrowed license you are able to use the software even not connected to the server.
0 Kudos