Evaluation license for CodeWarrior for HC12 Professional Edition WIN EVAL is not working. Any ideas?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation license for CodeWarrior for HC12 Professional Edition WIN EVAL is not working. Any ideas?

Jump to solution
BenFan
Contributor III

Hello i'm trying to start an old school project.

It looks like there is something wrong with evaluation license for Processor Expert. It is running in DEMO mode.

17693_17693.pngpastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

I've downloaded the license file you're using and I've reproduced the problem.

I've created an example using Processor Expert  and I've got:

I will report the problem to right team.

Attached you will find an evaluation license file.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

11 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

I've downloaded the license file you're using and I've reproduced the problem.

I've created an example using Processor Expert  and I've got:

I will report the problem to right team.

Attached you will find an evaluation license file.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

fengchen
Contributor I

Dear trytohelp ,

i have the similar problem as Benjamin, but the difference is CodeWarrior verison.

My CW version info is:

Item DescriptionCodeWarrior DS for Freescale 56800/E Hybrid Controllers Standard Edition WIN EVAL

Order NumberCWX-568-EX_62584351

Purchase Order Number

Total Number of Licenses:3

Would you mind share/send me an evaluation license file? Thanks.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Feng,

I've performed lot of tests on my side.

I've found the cause of the problem and reported it to the license team.

Attached you will find your temp license file with the right Processor Expert feature.

Rename it to license.dat.

Hope this will help you.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
fengchen
Contributor I

hi Pascal,

thanks for yr quick reply. But I have not seen the attachment. Can you please share again?my CW version is 56800E

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strange I see the attachment.

0 Kudos
fengchen
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

Now i can see your attachment. Thank you.

but the license you send to me is the same as i created from freescale homepage using my account to login.

it failed by using the license with following error when opening old project:

error when open old project by CW56800E.PNG.png

after click OK button to go ahead, then you can see the system can not select correctly the chip CPU56F8367 with Question mark, see below:

error2.PNG.png

i have no ideal how to do next, would you help me? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Feng,

The license is not the same.

I've found there was an issue with the ProcessorExpert56800 feature.

If you check the license file you will see I've commented the original feature and added a new one:

# License for ANY

#INCREMENT ProcessorExpert56800 metrowks 1.00000 18-feb-2015 uncounted \

#    C4D7A6DBD5D1 VENDOR_STRING="CodeWarrior DS for Freescale \

#    56800/E Hybrid Controllers Standard Edition WIN EVAL" \

#    HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Freescale Semiconductor" ISSUED=19-jan-2015 \

#    ck=89 SN="FSL - 12130701" TS_OK

INCREMENT ProcessorExpert56800 metrowks 1.00000 18-feb-2015 uncounted \

EC0884A04DA6 VENDOR_STRING="Basic \

beans;B9940391A8E5D0A1E492A84D9E89C5B1;Advanced \

beans;441AD243790CA097A4376051192F9D33;Free_Beans;AED213BBEC63CAA064A42992AB295838" \

HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Freescale Semiconductor" ISSUED=19-jan-2015 \

ck=103 SN="FSL - 12130701" TS_OK

Are you sure you're using the right license file ?

To check it you must:

- rename all license file,

- try to launch the IDE,

- you should get an error with -1 error code ... refer to video attached,

- valid the right license file.

Now it should work.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
fengchen
Contributor I

Dear Pascal,

Thanks very much. the video is very clear to understand. i get the operation steps.

Then i follow the video to operate on my computer, but when i rename all license.dat to other names, that means there is no license.dat in the folder.

we should get the error like that in video at the time instance 00:08 seconds, that  is "No valid license key was found..."

however, i get no error with following result:

1. rename

no license.PNG.png

2. result after click IDE.dat:

no license result by click IDE EXT.PNG.png

seem to me that the license.dat is not be used by s/w. Do you know about this?

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This means there is a license.dat file somewhere on your PC.

Perform a search for license.dat on all your local Hard disks.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
fengchen
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

actually i did search before you tell me. anyway, i will do it again or try it on another PC. Thanks very much.

Another issue:

i use PWMMC in PE to generate 3 pair PWM waves with each pair as complementary. Do you know how to disable one pair( use A+ and A_) and let another two pairs(B+,B_ and C+,C_) work normally?

actually i tried two methods, but both results are not what i want. for example: mask both A+ and A_.    then, B+/B_, C+/C_ generate PWM normally.

one method: use Mask() function,  the result is that only one side of the pair(let's say A_) can be masked to low level, while another side of the pair(A+) is alway high level.

Method two: use setOutPut() function, the result is A+ and A_ can both be masked to low level, but B+ and B_ do not work normally. they do not generate PWM waves i want them to generate while they alway get one side HIGH and another side always LOW. C+and C_ is same as B+/B_.

Do you have any suggestion about this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Feng,

Please can I suggest you to create a new post for this question ?

It's not linked to license question/problem.

It's better to have a post for each type of question.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos