cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW ARM 1.2 License

Jump to solution
JK
Contributor I
Had to replace hard drive, license no longer works.  license@freescale.com does not seem to be talking.  Does anyone know who to talk to or for that matter anyone close to the "inner circle" that could address the  problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JK
Contributor I

I think I found the solution in the FAQ under "How can I get the Disk ID from a Windows PC?"  They apparently use the volume serial rather than the hard drive's unique hardware serial number, so all I had to do was change the volume on my new drive to match the contents of the License.dat file.

The apparent trivial nature of the copy-protection makes me suspect that something else is going on.  Perhaps my system works only because other system components match, or perhaps it is only working for awhile to fool hackers.  I'll ask if they ever get back to me...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JK
Contributor I

I think I found the solution in the FAQ under "How can I get the Disk ID from a Windows PC?"  They apparently use the volume serial rather than the hard drive's unique hardware serial number, so all I had to do was change the volume on my new drive to match the contents of the License.dat file.

The apparent trivial nature of the copy-protection makes me suspect that something else is going on.  Perhaps my system works only because other system components match, or perhaps it is only working for awhile to fool hackers.  I'll ask if they ever get back to me...

0 Kudos