Sensor query

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor query

niloy
Contributor I

Is there any sensor available which will be connected to the user's mobile through wifi and the sensor will always pass data of it's current position. Every position must have a unique data. so if the sensor consider the mobile device as Origin (0,0,0) and measure it's own co-ordinates (x,y,z) then, every position will have a unique set of data.

Is there any such kind of sensor who can measure co-ordinate of its position?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nabid,

In this case, I recommend the NXP Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Android.

Sensor fusion is a process by which data from several different sensors are "fused" to compute something more than could be determined by any one sensor alone. An example is computing the orientation of a device in three-dimensional space.

This application also supports the Avnet Wi-Go module paired with a NXP Freedom board (see www.em.avnet.com/wi-go for details). When used without a development board, this app just lets you experiment with what you already have on your Android device.

It does not REQUIRE that your Android device use Freescale sensors. It is compatible with the NXP Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs. Compatible hardware and embedded software are available at http://www.nxp.com/sensorfusion

I personally recommend the FRDM-FXS-MULT2-B that offers 12-axis sensing, wireless communication via Bluetooth and the compatible Android™ app mentioned before.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos

niloy
Contributor I

and whats the price of sensor fusion?

On Jun 7, 2016 11:17 AM, "Nabid Salehin Niloy" <niloy.android@gmail.com>

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nabid,

I am glad to help.

As said, Sensor Fusion is the process where data from several different sensors are fused to complete computations that a single sensor could not handle.

Using a gyroscope in addition to an accelerometer yields the ability to smoothly measure rotation in 3D space, although the system can only yield orientation to some random horizontal global frame of reference (Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs).

The readings that the device can take in a second are different for every sensor. For example, the MMA8451 (accelerometer) is capable of measuring magnetic fields with an output data rate (ODR) from 1.56 Hz to 800 Hz; these output data rates correspond to sample intervals from 640 ms to 1.25 ms.

I invite you to use the Sensor Fusion Toolbox for windows. You may find more information at the following document, especially from Part 4:

Hands-On Workshop: Freescale Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCU

Please find the prices at Ordering Details from the document mentioned.

In case it is useful for you, you may refer to this blog:

http://blog.nxp.com/sensors/simulate-motion-for-sensor-fusion

Please let me know if this information is useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

0 Kudos

niloy
Contributor I

Hi. thanks for the details. but as i told you, I need a unique set of data

in every different 3d position, will it give me unique data in every

different point?? and how many reading it can take in a second?

0 Kudos