cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Sensor MPXM2051GST1 spec

Jump to solution
Adam_WM
Contributor I

On revision 5 of the MPXM2051G specification, 22 April 2021, on page 5 the Linearity in Table 4 shows a min of -0.3 and a max of +3.0 %Vfss. The maximum of +3.0 % seems high. Is this spec correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Adam,

the application engineer confirmed, that the max. linearity value is a typo and it should be 0.3%VFSS, not the not 3%VFSS. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adam_WM
Contributor I

Jozef,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be a bother, but on Rev 4 of the MPXM2051G specification the Linearity is listed as -0.3% to +0.3%, page 4, table 3. This is also the case for revision 1, 2, and 3 of the MPXM2051G spec. Revision 4 of the spec is attached.

The revision history on the rev 5 specification also does not mention a change to the Linearity spec. 

Thanks for your help with this.

Adam M

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Adam,

thank you for the research you have conducted. Due to the new information you shared I think yes, the max. linearity value is most probably 0.3%VFSS, not 3%VFSS. I have contacted an application engineer for confirming the correct value and asked to fix the mistake in the datasheet rev. 5 if the 0.3% is correct. I will let you know the answer from the application engineer.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Adam,

the application engineer confirmed, that the max. linearity value is a typo and it should be 0.3%VFSS, not the not 3%VFSS. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Adam,

unfortunately yes. The MPXM2051GS has such high linearity error. If you want a similar gauge sensor with much better linearity error, you can use for example MPX2050, which has the linearity error +/-0.25%. 

JozefKozon_0-1705560081822.png

Please check this link for other differential and gauge pressure sensors up to 115kPa. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos