Please provide source code for using the MMA9553L with I2C

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide source code for using the MMA9553L with I2C

naokiyokoyama
Contributor I

My company could really benefit from having a model to work off of to get this chip working with our wearable. We are also already using a Freescale accelerometer in our device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, Sample code is not available. 

Instructions for communicating with the MMA9553L are contained in the MMA955xL Data Sheet and MMA9553L Software Reference Manual.  Both of these materials are available at:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MMA9553L&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab...

In particular, please look at section 2.6 “Sample Operations” in the Software Reference Manual.

In addition, there is a tool that runs on the PC that interacts with the MMA9553 which is available on the tools tab adjacent to the link above.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MMA9553L&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

This PC app allows users to stimulate the MMA9553 in all of the typical ways. 

A logic analyzer could be used to look at the I2C bus traffic to see what messages are sent in response to commands issued by the GUI.   These commands could be duplicated in the user’s code. 

Would like to acknowledge several colleagues in helping to prepare this response -  I’m just the messenger.

Regards,

Margaret

0 Kudos

jimmcglasson
Contributor III

Please tell us a bit more about your overall system architecture.

Which processor are you using to be the I2C Master for the MMA9553? What else are you running on that processor? Are you running an OS on it? Which one? Etc.

-Jim

0 Kudos

naokiyokoyama
Contributor I

We are using a Bluegiga BLE113; we are not running an OS on it. All I'm looking for is some embedded code like C, since I know BGScript is not a well known language. We have other slaves like an accelerometer (MMA9451), EEPROM, fuel gauge, and a RTL.

0 Kudos