Failed to communicate with P3T1755 based on I3C bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to communicate with P3T1755 based on I3C bus

Milch
Contributor I

Hello, I want to implement communication with P3T1755 based on I3C bus. At the current 12.5Mhz frequency, the FPGA sends a 7E/W broadcast command, and the slave device responds with an NACK. Could you please tell me what to do? I3C waveform diagram is as follows:

i3c-7ew000.pngi3c-tcas000.pngi3c-tcbp001.pngi3c-tcf000.pngi3c-tcr000.pngi3c-tdig-h000.pngi3c-tdig-l000.pngi3c-tds-od000.pngi3c-tfda-od000.pngi3c-thigh000.pngi3c-tlow000.pngi3c-trda-od000.pngi3c-tsco000.pngi3c-tsu-od000.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

smiller2
Contributor III

The device is ACKing the first byte now.    The ACK is the portion where the low level voltage is slightly above ground.   I believe the issue is in your controller code.   You need to generate an ACK_HOLD  which keeps the ACK bit low after the rising edge of SCL.     Our design is an FPGA based implementation.   I am tasked with writing the C++ code that interfaces with the FPGA.    The FPGA code is generated by a outside contractor and I do not have access to the Verilog source.   The contractor told me that I had to set an ACK_HOLD bit in the command register for this type of access.   After I did that,  then it started to work.    Before I set that bit,   my waveform was similar to yours.   The device ACKed, but released SDA on the rising edge of SCL. 

0 Kudos

smiller2
Contributor III

The first cycle with the Reserved Byte of 0x7E is open drain.    I think you are clocking SCL too fast.    When in open drain mode, reduce the clock to something like 400KHZ.     I am working on the same part and it is ACKing me fine, but I clock it much slower.     Check the datasheet, I think the top frequency is 3.4MHZ in push pull mode and then VCC must be greater than 1.8V.   I don't have a scope attached.   Only a simple logic analyzer.   However,  I uploaded a screenshot of this transaction.     Notice that I can speed the clock up fast for the next byte which is the Common Command Code since it is push pull.  

0 Kudos

Milch
Contributor I

Hello, I have tried again according to your suggestion. I dropped the SCL frequency to around 400Khz and the VCC to 3.3V. But the results are still not good. Have I missed anything else that needs attention? The waveform diagram is as follows:

TEK00000.PNG

0 Kudos