Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXLS8964 FXLS8974 - vector magnitude

Jump to solution
adrian_chmiel
Contributor III

Hi,

We replece discontinued FLXS8471 at new FXLS8974.

At this moment we use vector magnitude feature for detecting a change in the tilt angle.

New FXLS8974 has a different mechanism for vector magnitude and I'm not sure, there is possible to set for example detection angle change of 5deg?

of between 123deg to 127deg ? Or it's not so flexible?

Best regards

Adrian Chmiel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

As you mentioned, FXLS8974 has a different mechanism for vector magnitude vs FXLS8471.
Key difference being that FXLS8974 does not have the A_VECM_INIT_XYZ registers that can be substracted to the measured XYZ raw data.

So I don't see an easy way to implement your use case.

A potential idea could be to use the orientation detection block but you'll be limited to its discrete/fixed thresholds.

Best regards,  Jacques

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

As you mentioned, FXLS8974 has a different mechanism for vector magnitude vs FXLS8471.
Key difference being that FXLS8974 does not have the A_VECM_INIT_XYZ registers that can be substracted to the measured XYZ raw data.

So I don't see an easy way to implement your use case.

A potential idea could be to use the orientation detection block but you'll be limited to its discrete/fixed thresholds.

Best regards,  Jacques

0 Kudos
adrian_chmiel
Contributor III

Thanks Jack.

Do you have aplication note for orientation detection block?

I try to understand base on datasheed and AN12004, but maybe you have something extra?

It's not clear for me how excacly is conected register ORIENT_BF_ZCOMP with ORIENT_THS and how to use it.

BR

Adrian

0 Kudos