cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRTOUCH can not work with 5-wire TP?

luodeqiang
Contributor I

Hi dears:

I start work with CRTOUCH, and found some problem with CRTOCH and 5-wire TP.  I use "Xtrinsic CRTouch Capacitive and Resistive Touch-Sensing Platform Evaluation Board"

The 5-wire TP can work under mouse emulation tab.  And I successed calibration. But when I change to Gestures tab and start test, it shows:

"Multi-touch points NOT calibrated. Please calibrate first at the 'Calibration' tab."

Pls take a look at the following image:

The calibrationg is ok.

1.JPG.jpg

But here, it show calibration is not ok.

2.JPG.jpg

The data from IC looks ok.

3.JPG.jpg

When I use a 4-wire TP, it will work, but 5-wire TP not.

Anybody who met this problem before?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luo Deqiang

Unfortunately, dual touch gesture recognition is only supported for 4-wire resistive touch and unfortunately there is no other solution that we can offer to work with gesture recognition dual-touch with 5-wire.

Basically, this is not a technical issue, but it is the way the algorithm is implemented for the CRTOUCH, this algorithm consider the impedance distribution of a 4-wire screen (connections, signal polarization) and therefore, the impedance distribution are different for the 5-wire screen panels.

So, unfortunately , it is not possible to detect double touch gesture detection with the 5-wire CRTOUCH, 5-wire CRTOUCH only support single touch detection.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

luodeqiang
Contributor I

Dear Jose:

Thanks for your explanation. Now I'm fully understand.

Thank you & best regards!

2014-05-28

ldqmoon

Date: 2014-05-27 23:32

To: Luo Deqiang

Subject: Re: - CRTOUCH can not work with 5-wire TP?

CRTOUCH can not work with 5-wire TP?

reply from Jose Alberto Reyes Morales in Sensors - View the full discussion

Hi Luo Deqiang

Unfortunately, dual touch gesture recognition is only supported for 4-wire resistive touch and unfortunately there is no other solution that we can offer to work with gesture recognition dual-touch with 5-wire.

Basically, this is not a technical issue, but it is the way the algorithm is implemented for the CRTOUCH, this algorithm consider the impedance distribution of a 4-wire screen (connections, signal polarization) and therefore, the impedance distribution are different for the 5-wire screen panels.

So, unfortunately , it is not possible to detect double touch gesture detection with the 5-wire CRTOUCH, 5-wire CRTOUCH only support single touch detection.

Have a great day,

Jose Reyes

0 Kudos